The Camp was located on the A283 Northchapel Road about 1.5 miles from Golden Square on the left hand side. Both entrances are now built in and there is no visible sign that they were there. We believe that the camp was originally for American and Canadian Airmen, and when the 2nd World War finished in 1945 it was used to house Displaced Polish Families who found themselves unable to return to their native Poland, as it was now occupied by the Russians. Some had originally fled their homes as German forces were invading, and some were taken by the Nazis to work in Austria and Germany as Forced Labour. After the war the Allies offered a new life in France, United States of America and Great Britain. We were fortunate that our Parents chose the UK. It was closed around 1960 when alternative accommodation could be found for the residents. There were three camps in total but we will concentrate on the one nearest to the town which was Camp Three. Camp two was 1 mile away in the direction of Northchapel. We are not sure where Camp one was.